Monday, May 29, 2023

Blood Assurance


 

I have a dear friend (and former student) who is undergoing chemo treatments.  Keep Miss Karyn in your prayers.  When I saw her post on facebook a couple of days ago, I was reminded to visit Blood Assurance here in Ft. Oglethorpe and donate two bags of platelets.  I began donating in 1972 when a ten-year-old student in our Christian school was diagnosed with leukemia.  Since then, I have donated 28 gallons of blood … not all at once!  It’s easy for me to do, but a lifesaver for cancer patients who need platelets to help them recover from weekly chemo treatments.  By the way, why not make a blood donation yourself this week?  Contact Blood Assurance online at bloodassurance.org.  Now back to my story after the commercial.  William Harvey discovered the blood circulation system in 1628.  But the dear Lord had designed the circulation system thousands of years before that discovery.  Under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Moses wrote in Leviticus 17:11, “For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.  And then 14 centuries later, the precious blood of God’s sinless Son Jesus was spilled on Mt. Calvary for my sins and for your sins.  Hey, have you appropriated that blood sacrifice for yourself?  If not, message me and let’s talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment