Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day


Today is Mother’s Day, and I am thankful for my mother and the other mothers in my life.  William Ross Wallace wrote a poem entitled, “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Is the Hand That Rules the World”.  And he is right!  Too many mothers let the school, television, and media raise their children.  But I am thankful for my mother who taught me character and taught me to love the Lord.  I am thankful for my mother-in-law, who was widowed early.  She raised a Godly daughter who became my wife.  I am thankful for my wife, who nurtured our four children.  She was the Rock in our home.  And I am thankful for my two daughters and daughter-in-law.  Hey, if you are only a moderately dedicated mother, today would be a good day to recommit to this, your most important job.  Solomon said in Proverbs 31:30, Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.”  Happy Mother’s Day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment