Sunday, May 7, 2023

Ungrateful


 

I have a small garage that is filled with stuff.  No, really, lots of stuff.  So when I do woodworking, I have to do it out on the concrete driveway in front of the garage.  Which leads to another problem: my neighbors see me working with table saw, router, miter saw, planer, shaper, welder, pipe threader, … well, you get the picture.  So, when they need something done, they call on me.  Which I enjoy, because I want to invite them to church.  So, last week, my neighbor asked me to help him with a 14X20 ft. deck that is falling in.  I told him yes, with one stipulation: he puts up his two white Pyrenees dogs.  They do not like me, and the feeling is mutual.  I have tried to gain their favor, but after eight years, they still view me as a threat.  So, Robert and I tore off the old decking and put on most of the new deck boards with new handrails.  And this afternoon, as I walked around the corner, the dogs were barking at me … while comfortably laying on the new deck that I had made for them!  What ungratefulness!  Hey, often are we humans ungrateful to our Creator.  We use His air, His sunshine, His rain, and His blessings that He bestows upon our family, our country, and our lives, … and then we ignore Him!  His precious Bible gathers dust on the coffee table, His church house is poorly attended, and we tip Him with a dollar or two when the offering plate comes around.  Hosea said in Hosea 4:6, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”  Our callousness toward God not only affects us, but we teach it by our example to our children.  How sad!  Hey, let your children and grandchildren see you reading your Bible.  Let your family see you on your knees praying to the dear Lord above.  May your families know that you love God with all of your heart!  That is my prayer for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment