Monday, May 22, 2023

Hot Dog


 

Years ago, my wife and I were in Macon, Georgia at a mall.  As usual, she was shopping, and as usual I was at the food court.  I walked up to a hot dog stand and said, “I’d like a hot dog, please.”  The attendant asked, “Would you like a small hot dog or a large hot dog?”  I said, “I’ll take a small hot dog.”  Then she said, “We don’t have any small hot dogs.”  I was dumbfounded!  I said, “Well why did you ask me if I wanted a small or large hot dog if you don’t have any small ones?”  She replied, “Well, if you wanted a large hot dog, I would give you a large one, but if you wanted a small hot dog, I was going to give you a large one and charge you for a small one.”  It didn’t make sense to me, but it made perfect sense to her.  Hey, there are many Bible verses that don’t seem logical from the human perspective but are perfectly possible from God’s perspective. Isaiah said in Isaiah 1:18, “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”  Hey, how can my red sins be made as white as snow?  Only the dear Lord can perform such a transformation!  Impossible from my perspective, but easy from the Lord’s perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment