Monday, May 8, 2023

Decide for Jesus


 

I have a big bushy Santa beard.  It has advantages and disadvantages.  I was eating ice cream with chocolate syrup this afternoon and discovered one of the disadvantages.  It took me several napkins and the bathroom mirror to clean up.  And the other day at Chick fil-A, I put mayonnaise on my chicken sandwich.  You guessed it!  I had to keep wiping my beard as I ate for fear of missing a blob of mayo.  But there are advantages too.  On Sunday morning, I don’t have to shave.  And when I tie my tie, I don’t have to be particular with the knot because no one will see it!  Hey, the same is true of the Christian life.  Once you decide to go with Jesus Christ, many of life’s decisions are simplified because they are already made.  Like, “Should I go to church or go golfing this Sunday?” Already decided.  And “Should I lie to my boss about the Smith account?”  Already decided too.  And “Should I stop by the bar for happy hour on the way home after work?”  Definitely already decided.  Hey, once you decide for Jesus Christ, life is much simpler.  The only decision is, “Am I faithful to my Lord?”  But for a Christian, that is actually simple too.  Jesus has done so much for me, the very least that I can do is to give my life back to Him in gratitude.  Paul put it this way in Romans 12:1, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”  Once you decide for Jesus, everything else falls into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment