Thursday, May 11, 2023

Mother's Day


 

Years ago, when my dear mother-in-law was still alive, we wanted to give her something special for Mother’s Day.  So, after Sunday school on Mother’s Day, we packed up our four children (Yaya’s four grandchildren) and drove from Chattanooga to Knoxville to take her out to dinner.  But in Sweetwater, the police were shooting radar and nabbed me.  My bad.  The officer said, “This will not go on your record.  You just have to pay $50 for speeding.”  I suppose he thought that he was being nice to me.  Counting eating out with Yaya and the Mother’s Day speeding ticket, we could have gotten her a great gift much cheaper.  But she was pleased to see her grandchildren.  Hey, in life, we often have great plans … that go awry.  Solomon said in Proverbs 16:9, “A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.”  I’m glad that the dear Lord knows my future and orders my steps.  Hey, are you following the Lord.  You would be wise to.  Let God direct your path … but watch out for speed traps too.

No comments:

Post a Comment