Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Sucker or Bargain?


 

I am such a sucker!  No, really!  My wife had a craving last night for some Fritos, so I drove 2 miles to the grocery store.  I had only two items on my list (Fritos and rice pudding) but came out with $42 worth of stuff!  What a sucker!  I found coke products 3 - six packs for $12, freezer pops 2 for $6, and Skittles that were on sale.  I had forgotten a birthday card, ketchup, and grits.  I’m not an impulsive buyer, I just found several items that I needed that were on sale (I am also in denial).  I explained to the cashier my dilemma and he just smiled.  That is their evil plan at Food Lion: separate me from my money.  But when I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior in 1956, I struck the bargain of a lifetime!  I constantly feel that I have taken advantage of the dear Lord.  When I trusted in Christ as my Savior, I got a guaranteed home in heaven and Jesus got my dirty rotten sins.  A great deal for me, but an old rugged cross for Jesus.  Paul explained it beautifully in II Corinthians 5:21, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”  I may be a sucker at the grocery store, but I made the bargain of a lifetime when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior.  Hey, the deal is available for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment