Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Pastor Andrews

 


I had a dear pastor years ago who was a Georgia football fan.  He wore black and red and was always “busy at home” on Saturdays when Georgia played football.  But he never said anything about his favorite team from the pulpit.  He told me, “On any given Saturday, any team can beat any other team.  If I brag when my team wins, there will be a day when my team loses, and many will remind me of that fact.  It’s better to just keep quiet and hope for the best.”  Good advice, Pastor Andrews.  Job was in the same situation in the Bible.  He was a good man who had a heart for God, but Job never bragged about his fidelity.  He stood up to his three friends when they accused him of secret sin, but he never blamed God for the evil that befell hom.  Job 1:22, “In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.”  Hey, do you trust God?  Do you trust Him in the good times AND in the bad times?  Be like Job in Job 13:15, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him …”  Trust in God.  You’ll never be sorry that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment