Friday, December 1, 2023

Just Right

 


Because of my cardiac rehab, I have converted several million of my fat cells into muscle cells.  And since muscle cells burn more calories, without trying, I have lost weight.  Not much, but just enough to notice it in my waist.  My dress belt has become a little loose, so I tightened it up one hole.  But I haven’t lost that much weight, and the next hole is too tight.  So, I got out my leather holepunch and made a hole halfway between too loose and too tight.  Just perfect!  But in Revelation chapter 3, the old apostle John tells a slightly different story about the church of the Laodiceans.  They weren’t that bad, but neither were they that good.  They were half-way between; they were mediocre.  The church had cooled toward loving God and weren’t obeying the Lord like they should, which made the Lord disgusted.  Jesus said to the church in Laodicea in Revelation 3:15&16, “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”  Hey, God wants you all in or all out.  God does not want half-way committed Christians.  So, … where are you?  Are you like my belt?  Too tight or too loose?  Hey, get with it!  Jump in or jump out.  But actually, God would have you to jump in, because He wants committed Christians.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment