Saturday, October 8, 2016

Mark 13:34-37



Mark 13:34-37 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch. Jesus uses a great story to explain the Second Coming of Christ at the end times. The Second Coming is like a man who goes on a long journey. The man organized everyone and left work for all of them to do. And when he left, he said, “I am going to be gone for a while. I want you to work for me while I am gone. Do a good job. I’ll see you later.” and then he left. But one of the workers called out to him, “But sir, how long are you going to be gone? When will you be coming back?” The owner paused a moment with his back to the worker. With a twinkle in his eye and a slight smile he said, “You have no idea when I am coming back. Just get the work done, like I asked you to.” And he left. The homeowner was a wise man. If the workers knew when he would return, they would put off the work until the day before tha man was to return. But because they didn’t know when their boss was to return, they got busy right away. He might return in two days, he might return in a week, or he might return in a month. They just didn’t know. But they did know this: they had to be ready. And so it is with the return of Jesus Christ. We don’t know when Jesus will return, but this we do know: We had better be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment