Thursday, October 13, 2016

Mark 14:29-31



Mark 14:29-31 But Peter said unto him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I. And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all. At the Last Supper, Jesus told the disciples that there were difficult days coming. Jesus told of His coming death by crucifixion. But the disciples must not have believed Him. Jesus said that everyone would deny Him a d forsake Him. But Peter couldn’t take it any more. He said, “No way! Even if everyone else denies you, I will never deny you!” But Jesus calmly went on and said, “Peter, you will deny me. As a matter of fact, before the rooster crows tomorrow morning for the second time, you will have denied me for the third time!” And later in our chapter we will see that it happened just as Jesus said. Peter thought that he was brave, but Jesus knew his heart. And never forget, Jesus knows your heart too!

No comments:

Post a Comment