Sunday, January 17, 2021

Dugulescu Family


In 1992 I went to Timişoara, Romania to make plans for a meeting in the nearby city of Craiova.  I was introduced to Pastor Peter Dugulescu, who had connections and could help with the meeting.  We ended up distributing New Testaments and inviting folk to the town hall in Craiova for an evangelistic meeting with Pastor Peter preaching.  Pastor Peter had been involved in the political protests that toppled Nicolai Ceausescu in December of 1989.  I met with Pastor Peter at his house in Timişoara, and when I was leaving, Pastor Peter’s two teenage sons were leaving too.  So, I followed them out.  Each had a motorcycle helmet in hand, so I assumed that they were leaving on motorcycles.  But they were not.  When we got outside, they put on their helmets and climbed into their van, which had every window broken out.  John Neiconi, another friend, explained.  The boys had been run off the road by some goons who were trying to intimidate Pastor Peter to back off of his open stand against the crooked government.  The boys couldn’t drive the van without glass, so they wore motorcycle helmets, which made the windowless van legal to drive.  Pastor Peter wasn’t intimidated, and his teen-age sons weren’t intimidated either.  David said in Psalm 4:8, “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.”  Our safety doesn’t depend upon us; our safety comes from the Lord.  We can sleep at night because God is watching over us.  That is, if we belong to Him.  The Dugulescu boys belonged to God, and so do I.  Hey, what about you?  Do you belong to God?  You would be much safer if you did.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment