Friday, January 29, 2021

Gift Cards

 


I am convinced that women love discount cards … and merchants know that and use that information for their benefit.  I have a keychain with four keys on it.  Only four.  I have the house key, the church key, my car key and my truck key.  Period.  But my dear wife has all of these little “discount” cards attached to her keychain.  Panera Bread club, Food Lion membership card, Wendy’s discount card, Walgreen’s savings card.  She has ten little cards on her keychain!  And then there are the food gift cards.  The gift cards determine where we are going to eat.  It doesn’t matter where we want to eat, it matters what gift card we have in hand.  So, whoever gives us a gift card actually determines where we will eat.  My freedom to decide is taken away from me!  Hey, there is one gift that I have been glad to receive.  And that’s the gift of salvation that we offered me by the precious Lamb of God.  Paul said in Ephesians  2:8&9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”  I received that gift from God April 17, 1956, and what a gift it was!  It is “the gift that keeps on giving.”  And I don’t need a card or keychain to access it.  It’s free to me, praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment