Sunday, January 3, 2021

Totaled


Last summer, I was stopped at a red light on Battlefield Parkway when I was suddenly hit from behind by a negligent driver. My back bumper was smashed along with the driver-side fender and trunk lid. The car was totaled. I remember thinking, when the tow truck came and hauled off my little Hyundai, “Although my car was totaled, I’m glad that I wasn’t totaled.” My car was hauled off to a scrapyard to be melted down, but I am a little different than a car. I have an eternal soul. You see, when I die - when I am totaled - I will still be living in eternity. My soul will live forever either in heaven with God or in hell separated from God. The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 9:27, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.” I’m glad that I have put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ. He has paid for my sins and guaranteed me a home in heaven when I am totaled. I will live in eternal bliss with the Savior Who loves me so much! Hey, what about you? Where will you go when you are totaled? Read John 3:16 and think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment