Thursday, January 7, 2021

Weather Lady


My wife and I were “discussing” (code for arguing about) the weather tomorrow.  One channel said the rain would be moving in tomorrow afternoon about 4 pm (her source) and another channel said it would be moving in later in the evening (my expert).  I can’t believe either of us were quoting sources that are wrong as often as they are right.  I don’t even know why we trust the weather reports?!  The weatherman (or weather lady) uses maps and charts, and we believe their words.  We just do.  But when it comes to God’s words, we may or not believe what He says.  Oh, we say we believe the words in the Bible, but we don’t act like we do.  God tells us how to live happy lives, how to raise our children, and how to plan for eternity.  But we live our lives the way WE want to live.  We do not take God’s words as truth.  David said in Psalm 119:105, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”  Hey, let the words of the God of the Universe give you direction.  Unlike the weatherman, you can depend upon the words of God.  He is ALWAYS right!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment