Saturday, January 16, 2021

Following

 


For about ten years, I shipped Scriptures to Romania and then took Americans with me to distribute them. Often, we would have twenty people in three vans driving from Germany through Austria and Hungary and on into Romania. I drove the first van, but I was terrified of getting separated when the others couldn’t or wouldn’t keep up. Hungary and Romania had only two-lane highways and we had to pass slow-moving tractors often. I would watch for a straight stretch and pull around the tractor, but often the second and third van drivers were too timid. The best drivers that I ever had to follow me were two brothers from Alabama, Johnnie and Jerry Jones. Jerry was a policeman and knew how to drive, and Johnnie … well, Johnnie just enjoyed reckless driving. I took my responsibility seriously and never passed recklessly. well, not too much. And the Jones brothers stayed right on my tail. I never doubted their abilities. Hey, when Jesus leads, do you follow? Are you determined to follow the Lord wherever He leads? Oh, He may lead through difficult times along a crooked pathway, but if you follow, Jesus will never let you down. The blind hymn writer, Fanny Crosby wrote many years ago,
 
All the way my Savior leads me –
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy, Who
through life has been my guide?
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.
 
All the way my Savior leads me –
Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for e’ery trial,
Feeds me with the living bread.
Though my weary steps may falter,
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the rock before me,
Lo! a spring of joy I see.
 
All the way my Savior leads me –
O the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest for me is promised
In my Father’s house above.
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day,
This my song through endless ages:
Jesus led me all the way.

Comments

Write a comment…


No comments:

Post a Comment