Thursday, January 28, 2021

Mueller Iron Foundry

 


I went to work for Mueller iron foundry in 1972.  My first position was on the Mold Master, a complicated machine that took nine men to operate and a whole fleet of maintenance workers on third shift and on the weekends to repair.  With hot iron, sand moldings, shaking out castings, the Mold Master was always breaking down.  And when it did, management became nervous.  Hundreds of dollars per hour was sitting idle.  On my first day on the job, when the Mold Master broke down, I thought I had a break.  But not so, I soon found out.  All of the idle men picked up brooms and began to sweep up sand.  I learned to keep busy too.  With two or three bosses running around trying to resolve the problem, the last thing that they wanted to see was a worker sitting down doing nothing.  The foreman didn’t care what I was doing as long as I was just busy.  You see, Mueller Company didn’t pay me to do nothing.  Hey, as Christians, we have responsibilities too.  We are saved by grace, plus nothing and minus nothing, but after we are saved, the Lord expects us to work with Him fulfilling His mission on earth.  Paul said in Ephesians 2:10, “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”  God expects us to be busy about His business: converting sinners, making them into disciples, and teaching them to be teachers.  Are you serving God?  Hey, get with His program!  Serve the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment