Thursday, June 24, 2021

Hornet Nest


My Granny Whitely lived in a trailer next door to me when I was growing up.  She liked to go for walks in the woods behind our house.  I enjoyed hearing her “tall tales” as we walked.  One day, late in the fall, we found an old hornet’s nest in a beech tree near the creek.  I cut the branch down with my trusty pocketknife and brought the hornet nest home.  Dad let me hang it up in the living room above the window near the fireplace as a decoration.  But five days later, the warmed-up larvae hatched out and we woke up the next morning to a hornet infestation inside our house.  So much for my brilliant decorating idea!  Solomon knew that our plans don’t always turn out the way that we think they will.  He said in Proverbs 16:33, “The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD.”  What I thought was a great decoration turned out to be a hazard.  Hey, what about your plans?  Is the dear Lord part of your plan for today?  If not, your plans may fail you like my hornet’s nest did for me.  Think about God often today.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment