Friday, June 18, 2021

KFC Bucket Inflation


I was in KFC yesterday and overheard an interesting conversation with a disgruntled customer and an apologetic employee.  The customer said, “I’ll take the $20 family bucket.”  The employee replied, “The $20 family bucket is now $23.99”  KFC obviously didn’t think ahead when they named the family bucket, “the $20 family bucket.”  As we all know so well, nothing stays the same price.  Inflation always drives the price up.  Nothing that is except the price of my salvation.  I am so glad that when I get to heaven, St. Peter (or whoever else is at the golden gates) will say, “Paid in full!  Come on in!”  Peter said in I Peter 1:18&19, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.”  No matter how many more sins I commit, the blood of Jesus is able to cover them all.  His precious blood is enough!  My debt is paid in full and will remain paid in full, regardless of my sin inflation!  Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment