Tuesday, June 29, 2021

What Smart Phones Can't Do


What a new world we are living in!  With my smart phone, I don’t need anything else.  I can put in an address and drive across the country without a map.  It even warns me if there is a traffic slowdown and provides an alternate route.  It warns me if a speed trap is ahead and I am going too fast.  I can Google anything.  In a moment, I can find out how many children Martin Luther had or when the last Tasmanian wolf died.  I can know the current temperature in Dublin, Ireland or where the Bible verse is that talks about Belshazzar’s writing on the wall (I just used spell check for Belshazzar).  But the smartphone can’t help me to make smart decisions.  Google can’t help me to plan for what’s happening in the world next year.  The internet can’t help me to know how to plan my life.  But God can.  Hey, only the dear Lord above knows the future and can help me to navigate safely into it.  Solomon said in Proverbs 3:5&6, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”  Google can help with facts, but only God can help with the application of those facts to live my life.  Google maps can get me across the country, but only God can help me to make it safely home to heaven.  Trust God: He is really, really smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment