Saturday, June 19, 2021

Socks and Underwear


OK, it’s time for true confession.  I am obsessive-compulsive.  There, I’ve said it.  It’s right out there in the open.  And I feel better already.  So, I have this procedure in my sock drawer and in my underwear drawer.  I put my clean socks in the drawer on the left and I take them out on the right to put them on.  And when I put my clean underwear into the drawer, I lift up the stack, put the clean one(s) in the drawer, and put the stack back in on top of the clean one(s).  The reason I do this is so that the underwear and socks are used evenly.  I don’t want to wear out the socks or underwear on the top only.  I want all of them to be used evenly and to wear out evenly.  Hey, is that too much to ask?!  And that is exactly how the church should operate.  A few members should not carry all of the responsibility.  The pastor should not do all the work.  Some members should not do all of the giving.  We should all shoulder responsibilities for giving, for maintenance, and for cleaning.  Paul said in I Corinthians 12:12&13, “For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”  Are you involved in your local church?  You should be.  You should be doing your part and not just be along for the ride.  Hey, do your part!  Don’t let another brother or sister in Christ wear out prematurely.  Let’s all work together!

No comments:

Post a Comment