Monday, June 14, 2021

Old Life, New Life


When I married Kathy Papastavro on October 2, 1971, there were some changes in my life.  I couldn’t stay out with my friends on Saturday night.  I was off the dating circuit (Well, actually, I was never on the dating circuit).  My money couldn’t go wherever I pleased, it had to go wherever WE pleased.  But I didn’t mind these changes - my single life was exchanged for married life.  I lost my freedom, but I got something better in return: I got a life-long commitment from the one that I loved!  I couldn’t stay out all night, but I came home to a warm meal prepared just for me.  Hey, when I became a Christian, there were some changes in my life too.  Late-night Saturdays were exchanged for church on Sundays.  Living my life for me was exchanged for living the Christin life for Jesus.  Paul said in II Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”  I don’t regret the life that I left behind.  I enjoy the life that I have in Christ.  How about you?  Are you tired of living a pointless life?  Wake up, go to work, come home, eat supper, watch TV, go to bed, repeat.  Hey, trust in Jesus.  He will give your life purpose.  You won’t regret it.  What you lose doesn’t compare with what you gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment