Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Trash Can at Jack's

This morning I stopped in at Jack’s for breakfast.  Jack’s has good coffee and I take four creamers in it.  But the girl filled up my cup so full that I didn’t have room for the creamers.  So, on my way to the table, I stopped and poured out a little coffee into the trash receptacle.  But I heard a strange splashing sound.  So I looked into the trash receptacle to find that there wasn’t a trash can in it!  I had poured coffee all over the floor underneath the empty trash receptacle.  The workers the night before had taken out the trash can to empty it but had not put it back into its place.  I looked around.  No one had seen me, so I sat down to eat my breakfast and felt bad … but not bad enough to clean up my mess.  I should have cleaned up my mess, just like the second shift person the night before should have put the trash can back into the trash receptacle.  I’m sure that the morning shift manager will have some words to say the second shift manager when they meet this afternoon.  I’d like to be a fly-on-the-wall for that conversation.  Solomon said in Proverbs 10:7, “The memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot.”  This afternoon the day shift manager will say some choice words to the second shift manager about the lobby clean-up person.  The word “rot” may even come up.  I’m sure glad that no one saw me pour that coffee onto the floor.  Oh no, wait, this post is going out over the entire internet!  Oh no, I’m found out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment