Sunday, June 6, 2021

My Diary

I have had several folk say that I should write a book.  Well, I am.  It’s right here on Facebook.  And the best part is that it is free to you.  Free, free, free.  ;<)  Actually, I got my inspiration from my Granny Whitely years ago.  I remember that she kept a diary.  She would record the temperature, weather, and write something notable about each day in her life.  One day, my dad said, “Mom, when did I buy that 1957 Ford?”  Granny would say, “Give me a few minutes,” and she would go through her diaries.  Within ten minutes, she would say, “You bought that Ford on November 20, 1962.”  So, although I don’t keep a diary, I have these posts written (which will be archived for free by Facebook) for my grandchildren and for their children’s children to read.  Solomon was writing wise sayings for his children in Proverbs 22:17-29.  He said in verse 28, “Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.”  That landmark was a stone that had been set in a field for a specific reason.  It may have been the birth of a child.  It may have been a victory over an enemy.  It may have been when God miraculously answered a prayer.  But that landmark represented an event that needed to be memorialized.  Similarly, important events were recorded by Granny Whitely in her diary.  And similarly, noteworthy events were recorded by me with you reading them!  Hey, do you have any notable events to write about?  Then do it!  Especially those events when the dear Lord answered your prayer.  You write it - I’ll read it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment