Saturday, June 12, 2021

Transferable Ticket

 

When I first began traveling to Romania, we could get much cheaper airplane tickets by buying from a “consolidator”.  The airlines would give them deep discounts if they would buy blocks of tickets on a given flight.  The consolidator would sell them below what the airline was asking and still make a profit.  Brother Ron and I bought two of those bargain tickets in 1993, but he found he couldn’t go because of complications in his printing business.  But because the tickets were so cheap, his ticket was non-refundable and non-transferable.  He just lost the money.  Hey, I am glad that my ticket to heaven was transferable.  It was bought by someone else, and was given to me for free!  Jesus Christ paid the price and transferred His goodness to me and transferred my sin to Himself.  What a wonderful transaction!  Peter said in I Peter 2:24, “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”  What a great “transferable” gift Jesus gave to me!  I’m not sure which was better: Jesus taking my sins or Jesus giving me His righteousness.  Actually, they both happened with the same transaction!  And I am grateful to Jesus forever and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment