Thursday, June 3, 2021

Pain and Suffering

 

May I be brutally honest?  Kathy and I have been going through difficult times for the past few months.  But I have seen the loving hand of God through it all.  I’m not going to lie to you, this has been brutal.  I have had to help Kathy with her clothes and her hair and the laundry and the cooking, but each time I see the kind look of appreciation in her eyes - my heart just melts.  She knows that I love her, and she knows that I love her, and I know that she knows that I love her.  Hey, our love has grown exponentially in the past few months!  Unbelievers and believers both go through suffering, but only believers have a purpose in their suffering.  Peter suffered for Christ and knew what he was talking about when he said in I Peter 2:21, “For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps.”  As Kathy and I go through difficulties, I feel a little of the pain that Jesus went through … and He went through that pain for me!  And can I remind you that you will go through pain and suffering too?  None of us are immune to loss or mistreatment or sickness or abuse.  You know what I mean because you already have suffered, haven’t you?!  But let Jesus use your pain.  Don’t wallow in pity or blame God foolishly.  Look what Jesus is going to do with your suffering and let Him use you to encourage others.  Paul said in Philippians 1:29, “For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake.”  And Paul wrote this verse from a jail in Rome shortly before he was martyred.  Hey, let God use your pain.  Let God’s love be the file in the cake to release you from your prison of pain.  When you cry out in pain, let your heavenly Father wrap His loving arms around you.  After all, He loves you.  Never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment