Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Ask Confidently


 

As a kid, I couldn’t wait until the last day of school.  I suppose that I wanted to grow up stupid, but that’s another post for another day … I enjoyed learning new things, but tests, homework, and teacher lectures ruined real learning.  But in the summer days of nothing to do, my dad believed in the adage, “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop,” so he always left things for me to do before he set off for his work in the morning.  The night before, he would go over my job for the next day.  And if my job was to work in the garden, I could confidently ask to use his rake, shovel, hoe, and water hose because I was doing what he wanted me to do.  Dad was glad to supply what I needed to finish the job because he was the one initiating the job for me to do.  And that’s what the Bible means when we are commanded to pray “in Jesus’ name”.  If Jesus wants us to live the Christian life, He will provide us the necessary tools to live a victorious Christian life.  John said in I John 5:14&15, “And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.”  Hey, If you are in the will of God, doing the will of God, you can confidently ask for what you need to continue to do the will of God.  What confidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment