Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Little Toenail


 

Well, I had a big day yesterday.  I clipped my toenails.  Now, you may not think that cutting your toenails is a big deal, but just wait until you are 73 and stiff with arthritis and cant’s see very well and …  well, you get the picture.  And I have a hangnail that grows on the right side of my right little toe that just drives me crazy!  When it gets a little long, it catches on my sheets and jerks me awake!  It snags on my socks and hurts soooo much!  How can a little hangnail on a little toe give me so much grief?!  Hey, that’s the way it is at church!  We have two ladies at church who are very needy.  They need prayer for medical problems, they need physical help at their houses, and they need emotional support as they struggle.  Paul said in I Corinthians 12:14,21,22, “For the body is not one member, but many. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary.”  Just like I get a cut on a finger and need to bandage it, there will come a day when I need help at church just like those other two members do.  And those needy members are important in our church too … just like my little toe is important.  Hey, the dear Lord can teach us, if we let Him, even with a hangnail on a little toe!  Let God speak to you today.  Look for Him.  He’s right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment