Monday, February 20, 2023

The Future

Wouldn’t it be great to see into the future?  Well actually, no.  If you knew the tragedies of life that lay ahead, today would be filled with dread.  God has graciously hidden tomorrow from us so that we can enjoy today.  What if you knew you would die in a car accident?  Would you only walk the rest of your life?  If you knew you would be divorced in ten years, would you ever give your heart in love?  If you knew the future, you might be afraid of taking risks.  What kind of a life would it be if you were afraid to take a chance?  Solomon said in Proverbs 27:1, “Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.”  Oh, make plans for tomorrow, but only the dear Lord knows what tomorrow actually holds.  James gave wise advice in James 4:13-15, “Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.”  So true!  As an old man of 73 years, it seems like just yesterday that I was in high school.  And what an interesting way God has led my life!  Trust the dear Lord to order your steps and control your destiny.  Your best plan is to put your faith in the One Who knows tomorrow, for the Lord will do what is best for you!

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWLm3asMiGo

I don’t know about tomorrow,

I just live from day to day.

I don’t borrow from its sunshine,

For its skies may turn to gray.

I don’t worry o’er the future,

For I know what Jesus said,

And today I’ll walk beside Him,

For He knows what is ahead.

 

Many things about tomorrow,

I don’t seem to understand;

But I know who holds tomorrow,

And I know who holds my hand.

 

Every step is getting brighter,

As the golden stairs I climb;

Every burden’s getting lighter;

Every cloud is silver lined.

There the sun is always shining,

There no tear will dim the eye,

At the ending of the rainbow,

Where the mountains touch the sky.

 

I don’t know about tomorrow,

It may bring me poverty;

But the one who feeds the sparrow,

Is the one who stands by me.

And the path that be my portion,

May be through the flame or flood,

But His presence goes before me,

And I’m covered with His blood.

 

Words and music by Ira Stanphill 

No comments:

Post a Comment