Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Proof


In May of 1968, I finished my first year of college and did terrible (but that’s another story for another day).  Since I planned on returning in the fall, I put a big box of my stuff in storage.  I left the box in my dorm room and the staff would move it to their storage facility, and I could pick it up in September.  But that fall, when I arrived on campus and went to retrieve my box, it had been pilfered.  Shirts were missing, books were gone, papers were scattered, and I was angry.  When I called my dad to vent, I was most frustrated with my high school diploma missing.  My dad wisely told me, “You don’t need a piece of paper to convince people that you are a high school graduate.  If you do, the piece of paper is worthless anyway.”  With his words, my frustration melted.  Since then, I have been asked many times if I graduated from high school, but I have never had to prove it (no paper needed).  Hey, the same is true in my spiritual life.  When people meet me, they should know that I am a Christian.  If I must tell them that I am a Christian, my Christian life is not what it should be.  Jesus Christ should be evident to everyone that I meet.  Jesus said in John 13:35, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”  I heard it said, “If you were on trial accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?”  Good thought.  Hey, live today so that everyone you come into contact with will know that you are a Christian. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment