Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Friends

 


I rode the school bus to Old Post Road Elementary school from 1956 to 1961.  I rode another bus to Edgewood High School from 1961 to 1967.  I knew all of the kids on the bus, but my parents wouldn’t let me go over to most of their houses.  That’s because my parents were picky and had to know where I was and who I was hanging around.  Some of those kids visited our house and played softball with us in the field next door.  All of those kids were welcomed to visit our house; I just couldn’t go over to their house.  My parents wanted to know where I was and what I was up to.  That’s why I stayed close to the house.  My parents were concerned about the wrong influences.  Solomon said in Proverbs 12:26, “The righteous is more excellent than his neighbour: but the way of the wicked seduceth them.”  Hey, seducing is a strong word, but an accurate word.  Just like a wicked woman can seduce a weak man, wicked friends can seduce a weak friend.  Hey, choose your friends carefully.  Eventually, you will become like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment