Saturday, February 11, 2023

Diligent

 

I began working for Miss Vogel in 1960 doing yardwork for her.  When I turned 16, I began working for Barberry Sod company making more money.  I told Miss Vogel about my brother, Phil, and he took my place working for her.  When Phil was old enough, he joined me at the sod company and my brother, Duane began his “career” at Miss Vogel’s.  When Duane was old enough to get a better job, guess where my youngest brother, Galen got a job?  You guessed it: Miss Vogel’s.  Hey, if you do a good job with an employer, it is easier for your brothers to get a job there too.  But if you are lazy and aren’t a good employee, well … too bad, little brother.  Hey, it’s important to do your best, for several reasons.  Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 9:10, “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might …”  Do your best on the job.  You’ll never be sorry that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment