Saturday, February 18, 2023

What's Important



 

I was loading my dear wife’s wheelchair into the back of our car when I saw that the little front wheels of the wheelchair were rubbing a hole in the headliner.  I thought, “This will really hurt the value of my car when I go to sell it.”  And then I thought of those same little front wheels of the wheelchair dinged up the rocker panel of the passenger side as I helped my wife get into the car.  “Too bad,” I thought, “but that’s just the way it’ll have to be.  My wife is more important than my car.”  I thought of the story by baseball great, Harmon Killebrew.  He was playing baseball in the front yard with his father and his brother.  His mom came out to tell them that dinner was ready and complained to the dad about them tearing up the grass.  “We're not raising grass,” his father replied, “we're raising boys.”  My wife has always said, “People are more important than things.”  Good advice, Kathy.  Good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment