Tuesday, February 28, 2023

My My Pillow

 


My wife has a “My Pillow” pillow, which is not my pillow but her my pillow.  Confused?  It gets worse.  She has a little travel size my pillow that she uses to rest her head on at dialysis.  At Christmas, I got a small my pillow (so it’s my pillow) to put between my knobby knees when I sleep on my side at night.  But her heel has a friction wound from her time at rehab back in September.  She has pain in her heel because her heel won’t heal, so she uses my my pillow for her heel pillow at dialysis.  So, when she goes to dialysis, she uses two my pillows of which one her my pillow and one is my my pillow.  See, I told you it would get worse.  When she gets ready in the morning, she asks me, “Would you get my pillow?”  And I reply, “Do you mean my my pillow or your my pillow?”  She just rolls her eyes and says, “You know what I mean.”  And I chuckle thinking of how clever I am.  But I know when to stop and get serious.  But we do have fun.  Hey, now I need to make a spiritual application, but I have absolutely no idea how to get to the verse.  So, here it is: Hebrews 13:8, “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”  A great Bible verse and an absolutely useless story.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment