Sunday, February 12, 2023

Valentine's Day Cards


My wife wanted to send Valentine cards to our grandchildren.  But that wasn’t enough.  She had to buy little mesh bags of Valentine candy to go with the cards.  I had to get 6X9 manila envelopes to mail them in.  And because of their bulkiness, I had to tape the seams of the envelope and closure to keep the envelopes together.  Saturday, I went to the post office to mail them, which cost $33.20!  It would have been cheaper (and easier) to have sent them a Valentine card with a $5 bill in it!  But my dear wife said that wouldn’t have been as exciting or personal for the grandchildren.  Anything for the grandchildren!  Proverbs 17:6, “Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.”  What a great verse!  We love our grandchildren and they love us!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment