Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Dead to Me

 

My son had a friend who did him wrong.  And it wasn’t just a simple transgression; it was a betrayal of his trust.  From then on, my son said that this friend was “dead to me”.  I thought that was a little harsh, but my son was so crushed by the failure that he wanted nothing to do with this man after that.  Hey, I’m so glad that Jesus Christ did not feel that way towards me, a sinner above all others.  Jesus loved me while I was sinning and “dead in trespasses and sins”.  And since I turned my life over to the dear Lord, He has given me a new heart, a new purpose, and a new life in Him!  It is as if I am now “dead to sins, but alive unto God”!  Hey, that’s exactly what baptism is a picture of.  Paul said in Romans 6:4, “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”  We are buried with Jesus (in a figure) in baptism and raised to walk the Christian life.  Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment