Saturday, April 6, 2024

March Madness

 


My eleven-year-old grandson came in two weeks ago and asked, “Granddaddy, can you download me a March Madness basketball bracket?”  Of course, I knew what he was talking about, and I found one right away.  And I downloaded two: one for Greyson and one for me.  But after only the first round, my brackets were busted!  It seems that upsets were the rule rather than the exception.  The hard thing about March Madness is that the games are single elimination: each game is move up or go home.  Hey, I’m glad that the Lord gave me another chance!  I’m glad that the Lord didn’t give up on me after only one mistake!  The Lord gave Adam a second chance.  God gave Abraham a second chance, and a third.  And David made many mistakes.  But David repented of his sins, and God took him back.  David said in Psalm 51:10&12, “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.”  If you have messed up, remember, the Lord is the God of the second chance.  Don’t give up; the Lord has not given up on you.  Repent and return to the Lord.  He is waiting for the repentant sinner with open arms.  Yes, He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment