Friday, April 19, 2024

Use Life's Tragedies

 


When I was a youngster, my dad built our home.  But before he did, we lived in a 40 ft. trailer.  First, dad bought property in the country and moved the trailer onto the site.  When the property was paid for, he built the front part of the house with the trailer connected to the back.  Finally, he moved the trailer finishing the back half of the house.  The back had a full basement under it made of concrete blocks.  The week before my dad poured the basement floor, we had a big rainstorm.  I was so disappointed to see our new basement full of water.  But dad was not disappointed at all.  He said, “The dear Lord sent the rain so that I could level up the floor.  Gerald, go get some wooden stakes, my big hammer, and meet me downstairs.”  I gathered up the materials and we waded into the water.  Dad drove in the grade stakes all around the basement exactly to the top of the water, which was perfectly level throughout the whole basement!  When the water dried up, he poured a perfectly level basement floor.  Hey, do you have what you think are disasters in your life?  God could be using your so-called disasters to teach you valuable lessons.  Hey, don’t look at problems, look for what God is teaching you through your problems.  Joseph had it right in Genesis 50:20.  His brothers had sold him into slavery, but God had used it to put Joseph where he could eventually be in charge of all of the land of Egypt!  Joseph told his brothers, “But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.” Hey, God will take care of you … if you let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment