Monday, April 29, 2024

Finish Well

 

There is a song by the McKameys entitled, “Finish Well”.  Hey, it doesn’t matter what the score is at the half or even at the third quarter, but it does matter what the score is at the end of the game!  In 1969 I ran cross country for Tennessee Temple College.  We were running on the top of Lookout mountain against Covenant College.  I was in fifth place running head-to-head with a young man from Covenant.  He would get ahead of me for a few steps, but I would doggedly catch him and push ahead.  We challenged each other the whole race, but in the end, he beat me by two steps!  I have thought of that race many times since then.  If I would have just gained three steps anytime in the 3 ½ miles, I would have beaten him.  But I didn’t.  And he beat me.  Hey, let me encourage you to finish well in the race of life.  II Peter 3:11-14, “Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.”  


No comments:

Post a Comment