Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Squeeze It

 


When my wife squeezes the toothpaste tube, she just squeezes it in the middle of the tube.  And when she can’t squeeze any more out, she just gets another tube.  I, however, am a toothpaste connoisseur.  I squeeze it from the bottom of the tube, use the back of the toothbrush to press the tube down on the counter, and get every last bit of the toothpaste out of the bottom of the tube, and then begin to roll it up from the bottom.  I would like to think that I am frugal, but I am just obsessive compulsive (a new tube of toothpaste is only 96¢).  But last week, I got to the end of my smashing and rolling.  But then I noticed that I could get another few applications by pushing up under the back of the cap.  But after I pushed up on each side three times, I finally really ran out of toothpaste.  Hey, in life, you can be careful, eat healthy, exercise often, get mammograms/prostate scanning and live longer than other folk.  But no matter how careful you are, everyone eventually dies.  And even if you live to an old, old age, you will die – a 100% chance of it!  Then you will face your Maker.  So, along with your healthy lifestyle, you would be wise to prepare for your eternal life.  The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 9:27, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”  Hey, live a long, long life, but be ready for a really long, long eternity.  No matter how much you squeeze life, it will eventually end, and after that, “the judgement”.

No comments:

Post a Comment