Sunday, April 28, 2024

Problem Solving

 


My wife has a dear friend who bought us two new entrance rugs.  I think she saw that I was tacking in sawdust from my woodworking and took pity on my wife.  At any rate, we got two new rugs.  Yeah!  The old backdoor rug was still good, so I appropriated it for the basement doorway.  But I immediately had a problem: the sweep on the bottom of the door left no room for the rug to lay in front of the door.  I wiggled and wiggled the rug and finally got the door closed over it, but as soon as I opened the door and tried to shut it again, the rug wrinkled up again.  I thought of removing the sweep from the bottom of the door, but the sweep keeps out cold air and opportunistic bugs.  As I pondered the problem, the answer finally came to me: just switch a thinner rug with the thick rug.  Problem solved!  Hey, often it helps to “think outside of the box”.  Look at the problem in a novel way.  Sometimes it helps to put the problem aside and tackle it the next day with a fresh mind.  Hey, we can work and work at solving life’s problems, but we miss the obvious solution: turn our problems over to Jesus Christ.  Jesus said in Luke 18:27, “… The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”  Who better to solve your problems than the One Who knows everything and is capable of solving difficult problems as easy as easy problems?!  Trust Jesus with your problems.  He will never let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment