Thursday, April 4, 2024

The Truth

 


Yesterday, I did something stupid.  But before you make any sarcastic comments, let me explain.  I was getting my two-wheeled hand truck out of the back of the pickup, but I had stuff in my left hand.  I had lifted the wheel end of the cart over the tailgate, but the cart was overbalanced and began to slip out of my hand.  I decided to just let it fall to the ground, but when the weighted end of the cart went down, the handle end was catapulted up and into my face.  The handle end hit my face and my glasses were smashed into my cheek before I could do anything.  When the incident was over, the first thing that I did was to look around to see if anyone had seen my mishap.  The second thing was to feel my face to see if it was still intact.  Other than a scratch on my glasses, I was fine.  But soon, I felt the trickle of blood in my moustache.  I had a small cut where the pipe had smashed the skin into my upper jaw.  I can only hope for a little scar, giving me the streetfighter look.  It reminded me of a scar that I got when I was fifteen years old.  My younger brother and I were fighting over a snow shovel in the wintertime.  He pulled one way, and I pulled the other.  He let go and I hit myself with the shovel in the forehead just above my left eye.  My six stitches looked good at school the next day.  I told my friends that I had been in a fight.  It was the truth, but just not all of the truth.  Jesus said in John 8:32, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”  It’s one thing to know the truth, but it’s another thing to tell the truth.  And telling the truth is more important than avoiding embarrassment … whether you are fifteen or seventy-five!

No comments:

Post a Comment