Friday, April 26, 2024

Point of View

 

I was at my daughter’s a few years ago enjoying supper.  I had just loaded up my fork and was balancing an oversized bite on the way to my waiting mouth.  But I had miscalculated.  Too much food or too small of a fork.  As I began to lose control of the load, I moved faster towards my mouth.  A rookie move.  I should have known better.  The wonderful morsel rolled off of the fork, hit my chest, and fell to the floor.  I was contemplating the “five second rule,” but I had three problems: first, the food was too gooey and splatted on the floor when it landed.  Second, everyone had seen me drop it.  And third, Sophie’s little dog, Rosy was already enjoying my mishap.  As my emotions sank, Rosie’s emotions went up.  My disaster was her delight.  Hey, that’s how it is in life.  God uses a disaster to accomplish His perfect will.  He sees the end from the beginning.  My loving heavenly Father will turn my tragedy into His delight.  God knows what He is about, and He is working everything out for my good and for His glory.  I am so glad God is in control.  Yes, He is.  Paul said it best in Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

No comments:

Post a Comment