Sunday, August 13, 2017

II Timothy 4:7,8



II Timothy 4:7,8 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. Paul had lived a life that was pleasing to God. He had done everything that the Lord had asked him to do. And as the end came closer and closer, Paul was satisfied with what he had accomplished. He was ready to meet his Maker and to give an account of the faithful life that he had lived. So what about you? When you read the Bible or hear a Sunday school lesson that speaks to your heart, are you quick to obey? If God called you home to heaven today, would you be excited to see Jesus or would you be ashamed to see Him. This passage of Scripture is a good reminder: draw closer to Jesus and make Him proud! Do it now before it’s too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment