Sunday, September 10, 2017

Daniel 10:12-14



Daniel 10:12-14 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days. Daniel was a man of God who prayed faithfully. God revealed to him a great vision of things to come. Daniel had many questions about the vision, so he fasted and prayed to the dear Lord for three weeks. But for some reason, his prayers were not answered. As he was sitting beside the river Hiddekel in Babylon, a powerful angel appeared before him. The angel was clothed in a fine white robe with a beautiful golden belt. His face shone as lightening with eyes of fire! His arms and feet were glowing like polished brass. At the sight of this powerful angel, Daniel collapsed flat on his face. The angel pulled Daniel up and spoke with a booming voice, “O Daniel, a man greatly beloved of God. Stand up and listen carefully. From the time that you prayed, three weeks ago, I was sent from God to answer your prayer. But Satan intercepted me and hindered me. I had to get reinforcements and God sent none other than Michael, the archangel, who stands before the throne of the Almighty Himself. Michael and his angels took over the battle with Satan and his demons, and sent me on to answer your prayer. So here I am. I came to reveal to you the vision of things to come.” Wow! Can you imagine what a sight it was that Daniel saw?! God revealed to Daniel a little of the spiritual world that we have never seen! As we pray, God is at work. Oh yes, Satan is at work hindering, but God is at work answering. Don’t ever forget, God answers prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment