Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I Samuel 16:14,17,23


I Samuel 16:14,17,23 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him. And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me. And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him. When a person is born again, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within them. Jesus described it to Nicodemus as the New Birth. The Holy Spirit comes to stay; you are born into God’s forever family. But here in the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit left Saul because God had rejected him as king of Israel. Without God’s Holy Spirit, Saul became a dark soul. He was sad; he was discouraged; he was angry. God was turning Saul over to his own evil thoughts. I am glad that God doesn't give us over to our evil thoughts. I am glad that the blessed Holy Spirit comes into our hearts to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment