Tuesday, September 19, 2017

I Samuel 16:1



I Samuel 16:1 And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. Saul turned out to be headstrong and self-willed. He depended upon himself and not on the Lord. Israel whined for a king. So God gave them what they wanted. But Saul turned out not to be the great leader that everyone thought he would be. So God rejected Saul from being the king. Samuel felt bad and tried to make Saul’s kingdom work out. But God told Samuel, “Just get over it. Deal with it, Samuel.” And he did. Saul went to Jesse of the tribe of Judah and inspected his sons. And guess what? God had selected little David, the youngest. Sometimes the best leaders aren’t the ones who everyone thinks will be the best. Sometimes the best leaders are those who follow God. David did, and so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment