Thursday, September 21, 2017

I Samuel 17:28,29



I Samuel 17:28,29 And Eliab his eldest brother heard when he spake unto the men; and Eliab's anger was kindled against David, and he said, Why camest thou down hither? and with whom hast thou left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know thy pride, and the naughtiness of thine heart; for thou art come down that thou mightest see the battle. And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause? Little David’s three older brothers were Shochoh fighting against the Philistines. Well, sort of. David’s dad, Jesse, sent David to take some supplies to them, along with some extra cheese for their captain. David arrived and was chatting with the soldiers when this huge mountain of a man appeared from among the Philistines and challenged someone to a fight. The champion’s name was Goliath and he stood over nine feet tall! Goliath shouted, “Hey you chicken Israelite's, send out your best man to fight with me! If you win, we will be your slaves. But if I win, you will be our slaves. What’s wrong? Are you afraid to fight me?!” And with that he cursed the Israelite army by his gods. David was furious and demanded why no one had stood up to this foul-mouthed man. David’s oldest brother accused David of bragging. But some of the soldiers whisked David over to King Saul’s tent. Saul was afraid himself, but was glad that someone had been found who would stand up against Goliath. Saul said, “Here, take my armor.” But David was swallowed up when he put on the armor. David said to Saul, “Thank you, but I’ll have to fight Goliath on my own terms. That is, on mine and God’s terms.” So David went out to fight Goliath with just his sling and a rock, and God. But that was enough, wasn't it?!.

No comments:

Post a Comment