Saturday, December 5, 2020

Buyer's Remorse

 


In 1973 we had a “Miracle Maid” cookware party at our trailer.  We had to invite two other couples over and the salespeople provided us a fantastic meal - all free of charge.  Or so we thought.  At the end of the meal and presentation, we were offered a cookware package.  With a delicious meal served efficiently in just a few minutes, why wouldn’t I want to purchase the Miracle Maid pots and pans?  Or at least that is what the salesmen said.  So, I signed on the bottom line, we tidied up our kitchen, and we went to bed.  But the next morning, I woke up with a clear head.  I looked over the contract and thought, “What have I done?!”  I had committed to buying a set of pots and pans that cost almost a third of what our trailer had cost!  I would be paying on that set of cookware for years!  I called the salesman and canceled the purchase.  He tried to talk me out of the decision, but I was now “in my right mind”, and I wouldn’t budge.  Hey, have you ever been talked into a deal?  Have you ever regretted getting into such a deal?  Hey, not so with the deal that I made when I trusted Jesus as my Savior.  Every day of my Christian life I find out new benefits that came with “the deal”, and I am more satisfied each day with my decision.  Paul said in II Corinthians 8:9, ‘For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.”  Because of the gift of salvation, we can receive all the riches of our heavenly Father through Jesus Christ!  What a bargain! … and no “buyer’s remorse”!

No comments:

Post a Comment