Saturday, December 12, 2020

Cologne

 

Greyson came over after school to hang out with Granddaddy yesterday.  I picked him up and we went to Wendy’s for a snack.  I told him he had to pretend to be hungry at supper when he went home.  He said he could do that.  Greyson told me that he wanted cologne for Christmas, and he asked me what was the best kind.  An interesting question for an eight-year-old boy.  I told him that there were two ways to look at it.  He could smell bottles at the store, or he could ask Marmie when we got home.  If he just wanted to smell good, he could decide which kind for himself, but if he wanted the girls to like it, Marmie was the one to ask.  He decided to ask Marmie.  I’m not too sure about a second grader thinking about girls.  When we got to my house, I went out back to build a campfire to cook hotdogs on, and Greyson went in to talk to Marmie.  Marmie later told me that they had a good discussion about girls.  Greyson said his mom had one rule about any girl that he might like: she had to love Jesus.  Greyson was fine with that rule.  Hey, that’s a pretty good rule, isn’t it?  It’s simplified for a second grader but says it all.  Moses said as much in Deuteronomy 6:5, “And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”  If you love God, and a girl loves God, that’s common ground for a good relationship.  Hey, Greyson, it worked for me and my girl for forty-nine years!  Hey, it’ll work for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment